I. How to Get a Visa for a Newly Born Baby

A newly born baby, each of whose parents does not have citizenship of Japan cannot principally obtain citizenship of Japan, while it is allowed to stay in Japan for sixty days after the birth.

In order to stay in Japan beyond the sixty days grace period, it is necessary to apply for obtaining a visa status within thirty days from the birth, while it is allowed to apply to the regional immigration services bureau directly without an entry process of the immigration. 

II. How to Apply for Obtaining a Visa

As a statutory deputy of the baby, one of the parents of a newly born baby who is living in Japan with a visa status is required to file the following documents to a regional immigration services bureau under Immigration Services Agency of Japan ("ISAJ", 「出入国在留管理庁」) to apply for obtaining a visa for the baby.

A. an application form in a regulated format("APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO ACQUIRE STATUS OF RESIDENCE"「在留資格取得許可申請書」 )

B. documents to prove the fact that the baby has been born.

C. documents required in accordance with the type of visa.

* A photo is not necessary as a photo is not required to submit, if the applicant is under sixteen.

Please refer to each visa page through our "Types of Visas" page, on what kinds of documents are required by the regulations made by the ministry of justice for each visa, while it might be difficult to prepare required documents adequately by the applicant.

If you hire us, Nihonbashi Prime Legal Office, we shall help you to prepare all of the regulatory required documents. 

If a parent of a new born baby is a permanent resident, the bay can to apply for a permanent resident, instead of applying by "APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO ACQUIRE STATUS OF RESIDENCE".

Please see "Permanent Residence" page of ours for procedures, duration, charge & fee.

It is also principally necessary to show the passport of the baby on filing the application, unless a statement of a reason why it is impossible to show the passport.

As the application is required to be filed within thirty days after the birth, it might be necessary to prepare the statement of a reason, if the passport cannot have been issued by filing the application.

The minister of justice is authorized to determine, in its discretion if the application should be permitted or not, in accordance with Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act which requires considerable reasons for the permission.

If the baby applies for permanent residence, the minister of justice should determine on the same conditions for permanent residence permission.

We can help you to apply for a visa of your baby by preparing an application form & the required documents, attending the regional immigration services bureau, filing the application, negotiating with the regional immigration services bureau and so on.

If you hire us, you don't need to go to the regional immigration services bureau principally.

duration, charge & fee

A determination to an application is generally made until sixty days after the birth.

Charge to the regional immigration bureau

: None

Fee to Us

: 78,000. JPY including sales tax

:120,000. JPY including sales tax, if permitted for permanent residence

* It is not able to apply for permanent residence via internet.

If unable to apply for acquisition via internet,

:98,000. JPY including sales tax

III. How to Contact Us

If you need any assistance or have any questions, please feel free to send your request or inquiry to us via "contact us" page of ours

You can also contact us via instant messaging service, WhatsApp or Telegram.

@ +81 90 6188 1648 

Otherwise, please contact us by phone or by email !