Q & A

I. Will a foreigner living in Japan lose its visa status, if the foreigner or the visa holder departs from Japan ?

In order to apply for permanent residence, it is necessary that any of citizens of Japan or permanent residents in Japan should be a personal guarantor. The personal guarantor is required to submit a letter of guarantee prepared in accordance with the regulated format, The regulated format was revised and the new format has been valid from June 1st, 2022.

Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act("ICRRA") defines three conditions for permission of permanent residence, as follow: I. The behaviors of the applicant should have been good. II. The applicant has skills or assets with which the applicant can make its living by itself. III. The permanent residence of the applicant shall coincide with the national interests of Japan. The ministry of justice also discloses "Guidelines for Permission for Permanent Residence". From these laws and...

The Immigration Law of Japan defines a short term visa as a visa for foreign people who shall be engaged in activities such as tourism, recreation, sports, visiting relatives, fieldwork, participating in a lecture or a conference, business communication and so on. It is possible for people from 68 countries to get short term visas without applying for a Japanese embassy or a consulate genaral of Japan. https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/short/novisa.html A short term visa is not a working...

First of all, we need to understand that there are two types of traffic tickets in Japan, a blue ticket and a red ticket. The difference between a blue ticket and a red ticket is degrees of the violation. A red ticket should be imposed on a heavier violation than a blue ticket.

Visa application forms differ by types of visa and by purposes of application, issuance of a certificate of eligibility, change of a visa, extension of a visa or any other purpose. It is necessary to enter personal information of an applicant for any visa application, such as name, birth date, place of birth, sex, marital status, country/area, occupation, address in Japan, passport number, its expiration date, criminal record, relatives living in Japan and so on.

There are two types of visa in Japan, "activities visa" & "resident visa". An "activities visa" should be permitted in accordance with the activities in Japan such as the job. A "resident visa" should be permitted in accordance with the family relation such as the spouse. Many of the activities visas are "working visas". The objective jobs of working visas are usually to be done with some companies or organizations. Immigration Control & Refugee Recognition Act defines a company or an...

A visa system varies from country to country. Immigration Cotrol & Refugee Recognition Act in Japan defines approximately 30 types of visas which have various conditions to be applied. It should be difficult to understand and decide which visa to be applied, what conditions to be met or if the current visa can be changed or not only for foreign people but also Japanese. You can contact us for consultation for any problem or trouble regarding visas. The initial consultation shall be fee free.

It is principally necessary to apply for a "Short Term Stay" visa to an embassy or a consulate general of Japan in each country. People from 68 countries can travel without the visas. You can see which countries are exempted to get visa for "Travelling" in the site of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. Pls. click the following:

From July 25, Reiwa One, 2019, some visa application can be submitted through internet.

Show more